Thread Rating:
  • 197 Vote(s) - 2.54 Average
remote will open but not close garage door
Hi,
The remote for my ML 850 will open but not close my garage door. I can close the door by using the wall button but I have to keep the button pressed until the door closes completely otherwise it opens again and I have wait till it opens completely then press the wall button again, keep it pressed until it is fully closed. I have tried removing the remote then re programming it but that has made no difference.
Any advice gratefully received!
thanks
Being able to close the door by holding the button on the wall means the 770e infa red protector beams are either out of line or faulty and will need replacing.

More information on the product can be found at the follwoing link to our web site :

http://easygates.co.uk/product_info.asp?ProductID=242
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
Hi Mark,

I have exactly the same problem with mine. The beam is aligned and I've made sure any obstructions are clear (the brackets being floor mounted means a build up of debris in that area). However, when I look at the green LED on top of the lense unit, it seems to flicker ever so slightly as if something is breaking the beam.

Is it likely the protector system is goosed and needs replacing?

Thanks,
Dan
Hi Dan,
If the LED's are flickering, I would expect that there may be a loose connection somewhere which might just need tightening. Failing that I would look at the Photocell covers and see if there is anything which has gotten in there. Spiders are a constant culprit with photocells as they like to build their homes in there! If all this has been checked and the problem persists, I would hazard a gues that they're knackered and need replacing!

Kindest regards
Dave

(01-08-2013, 07:32 AM)DJBenz Wrote: Hi Mark,

I have exactly the same problem with mine. The beam is aligned and I've made sure any obstructions are clear (the brackets being floor mounted means a build up of debris in that area). However, when I look at the green LED on top of the lense unit, it seems to flicker ever so slightly as if something is breaking the beam.

Is it likely the protector system is goosed and needs replacing?

Thanks,
Dan
Cheers Dave, I'll have a good look at them tonight. Ironically, the only time they've given me problems is when I'm trying to get out to work at 6 in the morning. The rest of the day they seem to be fine if my missus is coming and going! Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motorlift ML850 Reverses on close. LED flashes 11 (!) times. DJBenz 2 18,992 19-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: DJBenz
  Door closes then opens again finescan 1 10,445 18-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sav
  Can't reset remote for 5000UK david230757 3 15,816 16-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Sav
  Chamberlain MotorLift 5000 Garage Door Opener secash 1 19,387 27-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Mark
  poor remote range PeterH 4 18,686 27-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Mark
  Where to buy Motorlift Garage Door Openers easygates 0 10,779 13-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Last Post: easygates
  MotorLift Garage Door Openers 1 13,911 28-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Last Post: easygates