Thread Rating:
  • 353 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average
Came BX 74 Motor
Hi All,
18 months ago I installed a sliding gate on my drive and used the Came BX 74 Kit coupled with a Daitem door entry system. To be honest it has always been problematic but most of that was caused by trying to incorporate the door entry system. More recently the gate started to intermittently reverse when both opening and closing but it seemed to be whilst in the decelerating portion of its travel. So I turned off the dip switch to remove the decelerations and everything has been fine for a while. Lately though I've noticed that the motor sounds very weak when it initially operates almost like if it were battery powered and the batteries were low on charge. This is compounded by the recent frost as when everything is frozen it requires more torque to get going. The motor is set on the highest torque setting. When I have spoken with Came they have sent me a new capacitor but this hasn't made any difference. I asked if they would send me a new motor but they won't without you return your motor and they diagnose that it is faulty, which is no good as it leaves a big old heavy gate redundant. Can anyone shed any light on what my problem may be and advise on how I can resolve it?
The Problem is i sounding like a Lack of Force on the unit either the Force Setting on the Control Panel is Not Set High Enough or the Motor is Indeed Low on force.
It is common practise for Gate Companies to request the item returned for testing as the item has been installed and fitted by someone the return to base warranty is the fairest option.

Came Technical support are more knowledgable about there own products so it may be worth getting the item returned to them .
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
What's the size and weight of your gate? Does it slide easily when in manual mode (motor unlocked)?
www.webseb.co.uk

!!! Gate and Door Automation Engineers required (London, TW) !!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frog A24E motor stopping SW1806 7 5,723 24-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: SamA
  CAME BX - motor won't invert travel direction keepup 0 3,377 11-08-2021, 05:27 PM
Last Post: keepup
  CAME SMR9211 ('95) Motor Niemand 0 7,979 17-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Niemand