Thread Rating:
  • 302 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average
BFT Electric subterrean gate control
I have a pair of 6ft wooden gates operated using the BFT underground kit fitted below the hinge points of the gates. The control programmer unit is mounted in a weathrproof enclosure and the gates are held closed with a mag-lock unit. The set up works fine with but two queries:-

i) When the gates remote is operated, the mag-lock doesn't release quickly enough to prevent the first motor from opening the first gate leaf, which causes the gate to 'pull' on the lock until it relaease. I have reveiwed the programming manual but cannot see how to introduce a delay for the first motor to allow time for the mag-lock to release.
I am concerened that over time, this constant 'pulling' on the lock will weaken the motor bearing. Unfortunately the people who installed the gates have gone bust and are no longer in business and BFT Tech Support said they would only discuss fix with an authorised installer!
Any ideas?

ii) The BFT key fitted was the 418Mhz system to prevent problems with the house alarm and garge remote control systems, which operate at 433Mhz. The BFT square key fobs I have, one is cracked and both keyring clasps have broken. I know this frequency equipment is now unattainable but I only need the cases, so I can swap the controller insides over.
Can you advise where I could get cases? I only actually need the single button variant, as the second channel on my gate remote is unused.

Any advice would really be apprecaited as I need to get this resolved before I can sell the house!
Guest Wrote:I have a pair of 6ft wooden gates operated using the BFT underground kit fitted below the hinge points of the gates. The control programmer unit is mounted in a weathrproof enclosure and the gates are held closed with a mag-lock unit. The set up works fine with but two queries:-

i) When the gates remote is operated, the mag-lock doesn't release quickly enough to prevent the first motor from opening the first gate leaf, which causes the gate to 'pull' on the lock until it relaease. I have reveiwed the programming manual but cannot see how to introduce a delay for the first motor to allow time for the mag-lock to release.
I am concerened that over time, this constant 'pulling' on the lock will weaken the motor bearing. Unfortunately the people who installed the gates have gone bust and are no longer in business and BFT Tech Support said they would only discuss fix with an authorised installer!
Any ideas?

ii) The BFT key fitted was the 418Mhz system to prevent problems with the house alarm and garge remote control systems, which operate at 433Mhz. The BFT square key fobs I have, one is cracked and both keyring clasps have broken. I know this frequency equipment is now unattainable but I only need the cases, so I can swap the controller insides over.
Can you advise where I could get cases? I only actually need the single button variant, as the second channel on my gate remote is unused.

Any advice would really be apprecaited as I need to get this resolved before I can sell the house!

Hi, how is your maglock wired? are you using a relay off the motor output? if so then you should try using a handy relay module off the 12 electric lock output on the bft board, this would release before the motors started operating.

As with the remotes we cannot help with getting you a casing as the 418mhz remotes for BFT were discontinued a long time ago. Why did you decide to use 418mhz remotes? even though your alarm uses 433mhz it shouldnt conflict with the remotes. did you try using 433mhz before you changed to 418mhz? the easiest thing to do is replace the receiver with a 433 bft reciever and use the 433 mhz remotes. or if you are having interferance with the alarm, then we can supply an 868mhz universal reciever and remote controls.

Hope this helps
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bft gate problem djkokalis 1 906 14-02-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing AdrianMate 1 610 14-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT Rigel 4 - single Gate Not Closing Tsnash 1 867 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM
  BFT sliding gate intermittent operation vozm100 5 1,815 02-10-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Set remote to “only open” gate mark123499 4 3,510 30-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mark123499
  Thalia P - Wireless control board module mathewnorris22 1 2,435 02-03-2023, 03:17 PM
Last Post: SamA
  Er 10 code on RIGEL 6 control unit Eddiew 1 2,310 05-01-2023, 11:53 AM
  Parallel (or not) gate motors Ian Evans 1 2,404 16-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Last Post: SamA
  BFT Thalia GSM gate opener SunnyB1 1 2,959 07-03-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  BFT gate won't stop mid way redgraysie 0 3,070 10-12-2020, 12:56 PM
Last Post: redgraysie