Thread Rating:
  • 149 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
Bft gate tripping
Hello. Got some bft gates. Everything works fine. Then every other day the main 5amp switch form the mains will trip.

It doesn’t happen when I’m opening the gates. So it’s not the motors. It only happens when the dogs are in a certain area. I’m guessing it’s either the photocells. Or the aerial. Can the bft aerial make a fuse trip if a dog were to climb on it. They have already ripped the aerial stub off it. I’m thinking water might have got it.
Has it got power going to it ?

The dogs can walk through the photocells hundreds of times a day and not go off. Only when they go in one particular corner. That’s were the aerial is and a photocell. Many thanks for your help
(02-01-2018, 03:00 PM)Mjc Wrote: Hello. Got some bft gates. Everything works fine. Then every other day the main 5amp switch form the mains will trip.

It doesn’t happen when I’m opening the gates. So it’s not the motors. It only happens when the dogs are in a certain area. I’m guessing it’s either the photocells. Or the aerial. Can the bft aerial make a fuse trip if a dog were to climb on it. They have already ripped the aerial stub off it. I’m thinking water might have got it.

The dogs can walk through the photocells hundreds of times a day and not go off. Only when they go in one particular corner. That’s were the aerial is and a photocell. Many thanks for your help

hi
it's not aerial
it something else ,check photocells .
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
(02-01-2018, 09:01 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 03:00 PM)Mjc Wrote: Hello. Got some bft gates. Everything works fine. Then every other day the main 5amp switch form the mains will trip.

hi
it's not aerial

THANKS. So if the photocells are faulty. As soon as I switch the 3am fused switch to make the rigel5 Panel live. that will make The fuse pop? We’ve had a lot of rain recently. Could be water ingress in the photocells.
(02-01-2018, 09:13 PM)Mjc Wrote:

hi
it's not aerial

THANKS. So if the photocells are faulty. As soon as I switch the 3am fused switch to make the rigel5 Panel live. that will make The fuse pop? We’ve had a lot of rain recently. Could be water ingress in the photocells.
hi
if you have water everywhere do not touch gate stay away from it !!!! switch off the power .
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
(02-01-2018, 09:25 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote:

hi
it's not aerial

hi
if you have water everywhere do not touch gate stay away from it !!!! switch off the power .
o

The power is off. The control box is dry. The motors are dry the 5amp fused switch is dry. The only thing I havnt checked is the photocells. What I wanted to know was- can water ingress in photocells. Cause the fused to blow as soon as I turn on the power with a new. Fuse. Thanks for your help. Greatly appreaciated.

hi
it's not aerial

hi
o

The power is off. The control box is dry. The motors are dry the 5amp fused switch is dry. The only thing I havnt checked is the photocells. What I wanted to know was- can water ingress in photocells. Cause the fused to blow as soon as I turn on the power with a new. Fuse. Thanks for your help. Greatly appreaciated.
(02-01-2018, 09:34 PM)Mjc Wrote:

hi
it's not aerial

hi
o

hi
Of course, the water can get into the photocell.
check the lamp as well

regards
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
(03-01-2018, 08:44 AM)Automatic-TC Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 09:01 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote: hi
it's not aerial

hi
o

hi
check the lamp as well

regards

Thanks for your help. I have no lamps on the gates. The only other thing I havnt checked is the key over ride box to open the gates. I will look at the key over ride and the photocells. Gotta be them. Every other part is dry and intact.
(03-01-2018, 08:44 AM)Automatic-TC Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 09:01 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote: hi
it's not aerial

hi
o

hi
check the lamp as well

regards

Thanks for your help. I have no lamps on the gates. The only other thing I havnt checked is the key over ride box to open the gates. I will look at the key over ride and the photocells. Gotta be them. Every other part is dry and intact.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holding the Gate Open mgb 1 3,465 11-07-2023, 01:35 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  FAAC 740 Sliding gate Just closes or Stops Paul L 1 3,756 03-07-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT gate and Hikvision wiring help Gowrie 0 3,375 26-05-2023, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Gowrie
  Control Unit CLB202 Gate leaf learning issue Kaala1 0 3,297 25-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Kaala1
  Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom to Nice Robus 600 gate motor help j1000 20 16,193 15-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Nemen3242
  gate stop broke - any spares=liftmaster 300 bomitie 2 4,024 04-05-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: bomitie
  Electric gate help PLEASE Be8st 5 6,041 18-10-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Proteco controller & ACT5e keypad - keeps tripping fclauson 4 3,847 26-08-2022, 03:42 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Bft gate one door stopping Matty c 3 7,610 19-04-2022, 09:13 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  2014 model BFt rolling gate automation lauriston 1 6,232 07-03-2022, 11:11 AM
Last Post: JamieF