Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums
Intermittent ‘Stop’ command - FAAC 741 Sliding Gate - Printable Version

+- Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums (https://www.gateguide.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Gate Automation and Installation Help (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: FAAC Gate Openers (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Intermittent ‘Stop’ command - FAAC 741 Sliding Gate (/showthread.php?tid=7211)

Intermittent ‘Stop’ command - FAAC 741 Sliding Gate - bwel - 21-04-2024

Hi,

I have a 741 that’s been running well for a few years. Recently I’ve found that intermittently it does not respond to an Open Input. Having checked and monitored the Gate Status Code Display, it seems to correlate to it thinking that a Stop input is present. Then at one point I found the display flickering between 2 (Stop) and 0 (Closed) when the gate was at rest Closed.  Yet my Stop input (Terminal 5) has a wire linking it to - (Ground) so should be a hard Normaly Closed input (not stop). 

Has anybody experienced this type of situation or have any suggestions ?

Many thanks
Bob

RE: Intermittent ‘Stop’ command - FAAC 741 Sliding Gate - benbrooks - 22-04-2024

(21-04-2024, 05:57 PM)bwel Wrote: Hi,

I have a 741 that’s been running well for a few years. Recently I’ve found that intermittently it does not respond to an Open Input. Having checked and monitored the Gate Status Code Display, it seems to correlate to it thinking that a Stop input is present. Then at one point I found the display flickering between 2 (Stop) and 0 (Closed) when the gate was at rest Closed.  Yet my Stop input (Terminal 5) has a wire linking it to - (Ground) so should be a hard Normaly Closed input (not stop). 

Many thanks
Bob

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

This is definitely a strange fault considering you have the stop command shorted as it should be due to it being a safety input. Have you isolated the board and checked the back of the PCB for any sort of ingress and potentially a short?

Many thanks 

Ben

RE: Intermittent ‘Stop’ command - FAAC 741 Sliding Gate - bwel - 22-04-2024

(22-04-2024, 11:36 AM)benbrooks Wrote:

Many thanks
Bob

Hi,

This is definitely a strange fault considering you have the stop command shorted as it should be due to it being a safety input. Have you isolated the board and checked the back of the PCB for any sort of ingress and potentially a short?

Many thanks 

Ben

I contacted FAAC Technical and they thought that perhaps the Magnetic Limit switch was not properly sensing the Close Magnet on the Toothed Track. I need to wait for it to fail again and check the FCC LED on the board. 

Many thanks,

RE: Intermittent ‘Stop’ command - FAAC 741 Sliding Gate - JoeF - 22-04-2024

(22-04-2024, 01:01 PM)bwel Wrote:
(22-04-2024, 11:36 AM)benbrooks Wrote:

Many thanks
Bob

Hi,

Many thanks 

Ben

I contacted FAAC Technical and they thought that perhaps the Magnetic Limit switch was not properly sensing the Close Magnet on the Toothed Track. I need to wait for it to fail again and check the FCC LED on the board. 

Many thanks,
Hi,

Great.

it would be interesting to know the outcome for our technical literature. Keep us posted.

Joe